Satire and Sci-Fi

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, have you seen it?!

Immediately when the words satire and sci-fi were mentioned I thought about this film. Besides Star Wars, I have had zero interest in sci-fi. It wasn't until one late night working in the computer labs that someone started playing the movie that I suddenly became interested. Yes, it's a superhero movie, but it also helps break down some sci-fi cliches/tropes that I have grown to detest. It's funny, it's engaging, and it helped me envision a future like it was presented in the film. It's a bit like Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, its satire and it just follows a human character with his band of alien companions, just navigating the galaxy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodchild

New Space Opera

The Future, Final Blog Post